Good health is a combination of mental, physical, and emotional health. It's important to take care of all aspects of your health, as they are all interconnected. One of the biggest struggles people often have when getting healthy is maintaining their motivation; while we all know that taking care of your health is important, actually doing it is another matter. Many motivational guides exist to give advice on how to take care of your mental, emotional, and physical health, but it's an individual journey, so it will look a little different for each person.
- Living a Healthy Lifestyle: Learn all about the elements of a balanced diet and other important elements of a healthy life.
- Five Ways to Maintain a Healthier Lifestyle: If your goal is overall health, these five strategies can serve as a great rule book for you to follow.
- Five Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle: Incorporating these five things into your life can help you to feel your absolute best.
- Wellness and Well-Being Through Complementary Approaches: Research shows how focusing on a well-rounded system of wellness can help improve your health much more than a narrower approach.
- Well-Being Concepts: Learn how overall well-being is measured and how it can affect your overall happiness as well as how the habits created by overall well-being can lead to more motivation to continue a healthy lifestyle.
- Cultivate Wellness in Your Life Through Gardening: This article takes a look into how gardening can help you lead an overall healthier lifestyle.
- Natural Ways to Achieve Health and Wellness: This resource provides many ideas to help you take better care of your body and mind.
- A New Vision of Wellness: The motivation to fend off sickness shouldn't be the only lens through which we view wellness.
Fitness and Nutrition
- Why Study Results Don't Always Apply to You: Research studies on fitness can have many limitations, from how they choose their samples to how long they conduct their research.
- Good Nutrition: Maintaining a balanced diet can help you to stay physically healthy as well as mentally sharp.
- Nutrition for the Athlete: Read about the nutrients you need to be an elite athlete and the best ways to take your activity levels into consideration when planning your diet.
- Nutrition and Athletic Performance: Use this guide to make sure that you're getting enough of the macronutrients you need depending on your activity level.
- Exercise Motivation: Psychological factors can prevent people from starting or continuing an exercise program. Find out what keeps people motivated to work out consistently.
- Understanding Motivation for Exercise: Researchers are constantly working to learn more about why we face motivational issues surrounding exercise and what we can do about it.
- Exercise Motivation in College Students: Many college students may not be intrinsically motivated to exercise, which makes it harder for them to want to work out.
- How to Motivate an Inactive Child to Exercise: Exercise is important throughout life, and if children get in the habit of it, they are more likely to continue to be active throughout their life. This guide can help you motivate yourself or a younger sibling to exercise.
- Body Image as a Motivator and Barrier to Exercise Participation: Read an intriguing study on how positive or negative views of your own body may be related to motivation to work out.
- Need Motivation to Exercise? What Science Says Really Works: Try these seven tips to make yourself exercise.
- Fitness: Tips for Staying Motivated: This collection of motivational strategies can help you stay dedicated to your own fitness.
- Five Keys to Exercise Motivation: Do everything you can to make fitness enjoyable and to reward yourself for even small achievements.
Mindfulness and Mental Health
- Using Mindfulness for Mental Health: There are times when mindfulness is the perfect solution to help with mental health and other times when it is not the appropriate strategy.
- The Power of Mindfulness for Your Mental Health: Practicing mindfulness is a great way to decrease stress and help your overall mental health.
- What Are the Benefits of Mindfulness? Relationship satisfaction, lowered emotional reactivity, and more cognitive flexibility are all benefits of practicing mindfulness.
- Mindfulness: How it Can Help Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic: Mindfulness is a great strategy to help you cope with stress, including stress brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Learning How to Practice Mindfulness: You can incorporate mindfulness into your daily life to help reduce stress and improve overall wellness.